The March 6-8, 2015 workshop is held at the Big Sur Lodge in the lovely Pfeiffer State Park in the heart of Big Sur, 25 miles south of Carmel is now open for registration. Registration deadline extended to Feb. 15 – a few spaces remain!
How to Register
1. Call the Library at 831-667-2574 with a credit card. This is the easiest and fastest option. Or…
2. Print out a registration form here and send it, along with a check (see below for pricing options), to Henry Miller Memorial Library / Attn: Big Sur Writing Workshop / 48603 Highway 1 / Big Sur, CA 93920.
|Full Package||Includes a shared room at the Big Sur Lodge, all meals (includes tax and grats), the entire workshop, and reception Friday evening.”Shared room” means 2 people per room. You’ll have your own bedroom but “share” a common area.||$795|
|Full Package (Private Room)||All of the above but with a private room. No roommate.||$985|
|Local Rate||For locals not needing a room at the Big Sur Lodge, but attending the workshop including all meals and the reception.||$640|
|Guest Rate||For a guest not participating in the workshop, but sharing a room including all meals and the reception.||$390|
Other important information
- Register early! We sell out and keep the workshop small for personal attention. (Deadline Feb. 9)
- After you register, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail and be asked to submit a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sample should include the first two pages of text (single spaced), or up to the first 500 words, or, if picture book the entire text. Also send a query letter and, if you like, a synopsis of your work(s) as these will be dealt with during the course of the workshop to help writers make them as strong as possible.
- Works may not be accepted if the content falls outside the faculty area of expertise, or if the director feels the work and writer would not benefit from attending the workshop. You will be notified as soon as possible, with a full refund of registration fee, should your work not be approved.
- The submitted material will be used by faculty for individual meetings during conference and will not be returned nor should it be counted as one of the copies you should bring to workshop.
- Bring 5 copies of what you plan to work on at workshop. There may be time to work on more than one project so feel free to bring a second manuscript. You can also bring a whole manuscript with two or three areas to work on not forgetting to bring five copies of that extra work as well.
- Cancellation policy: 75% refund if cancelled three weeks prior to starting date. After that, no refund.