SOLD OUT – we take no more reservations for the December 4-6, 2015 Big Sur Writing Workshops.
Please Join our Email List just click here and be the first on your block to know about March 4-6, 2016 workshop updates! The information below will be applicable once we open registration for the March 2016 workshop.
How to Register: Either of two ways.
1. Call the Library at 831-667-2574 with a credit card. This is the easiest and fastest option.
2. Print out a registration form here and send it, along with a check (see below for pricing options), to Henry Miller Memorial Library / Attn: Big Sur Writing Workshop / 48603 Highway 1 / Big Sur, CA 93920.
Full Package $795.00
Includes a shared room at the Big Sur Lodge, all meals (includes tax and grats), the entire workshop, and reception Friday evening.”Shared room” means 2 people per room. You’ll have your own bedroom but “share” a common area.
Full Package (Private Room) $985
All of the above but with a private room. No roommate.
Local Rate $600
For locals not needing a room at the Big Sur Lodge, but attending the workshop including all meals and the reception.
Guest Rate $390
For a guest not participating in the workshop, but sharing a room including all meals and the reception.
Other important information
- Register early! We sell out and keep the workshop small for personal attention.
- After you register, you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail and be asked to submit a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sample should include the first two pages of text (single spaced), or up to the first 500 words, or, if picture book the entire text. Also send a query letter and, if you like, a synopsis of your work(s) as these will be dealt with during the course of the workshop to help writers make them as strong as possible.
- Works may not be accepted if the content falls outside the faculty area of expertise, or if the director feels the work and writer would not benefit from attending the workshop. You will be notified as soon as possible, with a full refund of registration fee, should your work not be approved.
- The submitted material will be used by faculty for individual meetings during conference and will not be returned nor should it be counted as one of the copies you should bring to workshop.
- Bring 5 copies of what you plan to work on at workshop. There may be time to work on more than one project so feel free to bring a second manuscript. You can also bring a whole manuscript with two or three areas to work on not forgetting to bring five copies of that extra work as well.
- Cancellation policy: 75% refund if cancelled three weeks prior to starting date. After that, no refund.